20120419

Nicolas Cage Portrait This portrait is based and inspired by the artist Sam Weber. It's sort of a master copy, if you will. Weber did a piece for the American Illustration annual cover, for which the subject was this guy--- with honey dripping out of his mouth.
Quite literally:Sam Weber's Illustration cover

  So the study I did was to try and use his tradigital methods entirely digitally, with a play on his subject matter. Obviously I've substituted the subject with notorious Nicolas Cage, in a reference to The Wickerman. If you haven't seen it, it will be the greatest 2 hours of your life. This is the first time I've ever actually forced myself to REALLY get a likeness of someone--- which is something I'm TERRIBLE at. There are a few flaws, but overall I like the finish. And I've learned some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment